Services of the Library Circulation
- All the circulation activities are performed at the main counter of the library.
- Books withL and Rspine labels can check out for outside use.
- All books labeled PR are not available on loan.
- Students are allowed to access CD – ROMs which are accompanied with books at the IT division of the library by producing their student ID and accession number of the book.
- Permanent Reference books (PR), Past examination papers and periodicals will be issued photocopying only.
- Books with R Spine labels will be issued 3 hours prior to close the Library and to be returned before 10.00 a.m. of the following day of library opening. Books housed in lending collection can be borrowed for a period of two weeks. Weekends and public holidays are exempted from this rule.
- Borrowers are responsible for the promptreturn in good condition of all materials borrowed.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to protect library materials borrowed from the library.
All issues relevant to the registration of students and staff members, issuing and cancellation of library membership, issuing no claim certifications and various requirements of readers are handled by the reader services section.
For further information please consult the Senior Assistant Librarian / Reader Services.
An “Inquiry Service” which is attached to the reference section entertains readers for their subject and academic information requirements. This service provides directional and referral information and guides to readers to the correct materials.
Inter Library Loan Service
Books and periodical articles which are not available in the library could be obtained from other libraries on mutual co-operation under the inter library loan service. This service is limited to the members of the academic staff.
Inter Library Loan scheme is operated by the Senior Assistant Librarian.
Inter Library Loan Request form – Ms Word / PDF
Photo Copying Service
Facilities are provided for photocopying library materials at a subsidized price subject to the copyright act and other rules and regulations of the library. The photocopying unit is located at the left side of the entrance of the library premises for the benefit of the users.
The service operates by private service provider and priority is given for the library materials.
Scanning facilities are provided to users in a limited way. Those who wish to scan images, maps, illustrations, diagrams and tables etc. should contact the Senior Assistant Librarian through the Library Information Assistant at the main counter.